This month, we’ve enlisted the help of Jesse and Bella Lindemann from Me and My Travel Bugs to help you find one of Noosa’s hidden gems on your next stay at Seahaven Noosa.
The closest rival to Seahaven Noosa’s perfect beach-side pools are without a doubt the ‘fairy’ variety, hidden just a short walk away in Noosa National Park. With many visitors unable to find them, we thought it would be helpful to give you a step-by-step guide to discover their beauty on your next Seahaven Noosa holiday.
Before you leave
- Grab a backpack and fill it with a water bottle and snacks for the journey. It’s over 5km there and back, so it will take at least 45 minutes each way.
- We recommend good walking shoes. Flip-flops will work, but won’t be as comfortable on the unpaved part of the track.
- The Queensland sun can be fierce, so best to slip, slop, slap and all that. Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are all good choices.
- Plan your adventure for low-tide if possible so that both the pools are disconnected from the sea and available for ocean frolicking.
- Know that the pools can be pretty popular on weekends so plan to go early to beat the crowds and the hot midday sun.
Here’s the basic map you need:
Step 1: From Seahaven Noosa to the start of the Coastal Track
Step out of Seahaven Noosa’s beach entrance and turn right along Main Beach. At the end of Main Beach, you’ll see the boardwalk that marks the start of the Coastal Track. Do your best to fight the tempting golden sand and crystal blue waters of Main Beach… you’ve got fairy pools to find!
Step 2: Follow the boardwalk to the Noosa National Park Carpark
Follow the Coastal Track boardwalk along past First Point and Little Cove until you arrive at the Noosa National Park Carpark.
Step 3: Follow the Coastal Track towards Hell’s Gates
Beyond the Noosa National Park Carpark, the track becomes a little more rugged – mostly dirt, rocks and sand. Walk along the track past Tea Tree and Granite Bays. At the far end of Granite Bay, you will notice a park bench as the track turns right around a large bend. The walking part is done – now it’s time to find the pools.
Step 4: Find the fairy pools
Once you leave the track, you’ll have to scramble down the rocks to find the rock pools below. Now all you have to do is choose your fairy pool (yes, there’s two!) and enjoy.